Waste King L-1001 Legend Series Garbage Disposal Review
The Waste King brand has been making garbage disposals and other small home appliances for quite some time. To ensure superior quality control, each garbage disposer is made in the United States.
Many people who are interested in buying in a garbage disposal are turned off by the belief that there is not enough room underneath their sink for one, but the Waste King L-1001 Legend Series 1/2 HP Continuous Feed Operation Garbage Disposer is designed with this in mind and will eliminate those fears. In terms of size, it measures 6.4” x 6.4” x 13.4”. Its narrow body means that it can fit in the smallest of spaces, and because it weighs just a little bit more than 9 pounds, it is not hard to install yourself. This makes it a great option for people who live in a condo or small house/apartment.
- A Rubber Sink Stopper will prevent foreign objects from falling into the disposal when it is not in use.
- This garbage disposal can be safely used in homes that have septic tanks. Making it septic tank safe.
- The splash guard is used to prevent food particles from flying out of the disposer while it is running and is even removable
- The motor of the Waste King L-1001 offers 1/2 HP and can reach up to 2,600 rpm to powerfully grind food.
- A generously sized, 36” power cord is included with the disposal. This makes one less accessory you need to buy separately.
- Both the swivel impellers and the grinding chamber are made from stainless steel. This makes them naturally stop corrosion, and helps them last a long time.
- Only has 2 lock points compared to the 3 found on other Waste King models.
The only complaint about the Waste King L-1001 is a small one: it does not have an Allen wrench installed on the bottom of the unit to help get rid of clogs and jams, so we’ve had to look at using a wooden spoon. This would be my only problem with the design.
I have to mention that Waste King has made a lot of new improvements since the last time I used or installed one of their waste disposers, and I am quite impressed. The Waste King L-1001 only weighs a little over 9 pounds, and it has a good, compact design that will still leave you with more than enough room to store stuff underneath the kitchen sink. It comes with an included power cord, but one thing I really like about the new model is that it features a dishwasher hookup. This eliminates the need to hardwire it into your dishwasher like some of the others. All in all, installation time should only be less than an hour. The installation instructions are very simple, clear, and easy to read.